Strawberry basil sorbet is one of favorite summer desserts in my family. And it’s exactly must-cook dish in the strawberry season. The recipe is so simple and quick, and the sorbet is so tasty, healthy and fresh that it is definitely worth cooking.
You can replace basil with mint if wanted, the sorbet would be also very tasty.
500 g strawberries
450 g water
130 g sugar
4-5 basil leaves
20 g corn starch + 50 g water
- Punch strawberries with a blender.
- Dissolve starch in water (50 g).
- Bring water (450 g) with sugar and basil to a boil.
- Pour dissolved starch and boil for another 1-2 minutes. Cool.
- Remove the basil and combine the mashed strawberries with syrup, transfer to a container and put in the freezer.
- Whip the sorbet with a mixer every half-hour until it becomes difficult to do it (in about 2-3 hours).